- 1 kg chicken
- 1½ cups thick curd (dahi)
- 2 tbsp ready-made tandoori chicken
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Drop of red food colouring
- 1½ kg tomatoes
- 3 tbsp ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter or oil
- 2 tbsp fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp full cream
Method of Preparation:
- Marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours
with the above ingredients.
- Then grill it in the oven for half
- Keep turning the pieces and
- If needed, keep longer than half
- It should be cooked thoroughly.
- Dry roast and crush the fenugreek
- Slice tomatoes in half and
pressure cook for 3 whistles with very little water. Remove the
skin and puree in the blender.
- Saute ginger and chilli in the
butter and add the tomato puree. Add a little more butter/oil and
fry puree till dry.
- Mix a little water to the thick
gravy. Add fenugreek leaves before the water dries up.
- Add salt and garam masala.
- Then add the grilled chicken to
- Lastly, add the cream before